Re: And the correct answer is?

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 15:07:10 +1000

Hi sfk,

I think you're missing the point ...

You're asked a question and that's fine, but in a public forum you need to be prepared for the replies. And you've actually received some good answers although you don't appear to recognized them.

Now for the record, the answer to the question is somewhat trivial and can be answered by anyone with the most basic and rudimentary understanding in Oracle. The point though is that even if you don't know the answer, then logging onto a database and finding out for oneself would appear to be an equally trivial exercise.

So why don't you ?

Well, without a magical glass ball, we can only guess. We can only guess that you are indeed a student trying to get a quick answer for free. Or you're one of those dreadful 'OCP' wanna bees who wants to get certified without having to log onto a Oracle database and without really "learning" Oracle.

But one thing we are beginning to find out is that you currently lack a basic understanding of Oracle (and that's perfectly fine, everyone has to start somewhere), but also that you lack the initiative to help yourself and have failed dismally in the most basic of problem solving assignments. And that's not quite so fine.

So the question I have is why do you want to know the answer to your question. Hopefully, it's not to advance you down the path of OCPment ? Because if that's the case, you will soon find out that that little piece of paper is of little protection or worth in that big cruel world out there ....

My social commentary for the day ;)

Good Luck

Richard

"sfk" <nospan_at_noway.org> wrote in message news:3E8E5668.81F585F3_at_noway.org...
> Thanks, I was really curious what you thought. Does every idiot on this
group
> feel the need to
> comment on a thread except in the requested manner. This is not 'oracle
group'
> but 'hey I have
> something to say and no one I know will listen so I will comment here.
This is a
> database group,
> NOT a social commentary group!!!!
>
> Gabriel Gonzalez wrote:
>
> > > You have to be the most stupid bastard on the group. READ THE WHOLE
> > THREAD!
> > > You teach? I pity the poor students that MUST put up with your crap.
Where