Re: And the correct answer is?

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2003 12:37:22 -0800

sfk wrote:

> Connor McDonald wrote:
>
>> sfk wrote:
>> >
>> > The following is from a text..... I would like some opinions ....
>> what
>> > is the correct answer.
>> >
>> > EMP Table is defined as follows:
>> > EMPNO NUMBER 4
>> > ENAME VARCHAR2 30
>> > SALARY NUMBER 14,2
>> > COMM NUMBER 10,2
>> > DEPTNO NUMBER 2
>> >
>> > You perform the following tow queries:
>> >
>> > 1. SELECT empno enumber, ename FROM emp ORDER BY 1;
>> > 2. SELECT empno, ename FROM emp ORDER BY ASC;
>> >
>> > Which of the following is true?
>> > A. Statements 1 and 2 will produce the same result.
>> > B. Statement 1 will execute; statement 2 will return an error.
>> > C. Statement 2 will execute; statement 1 will return an error.
>> > D. Statement 1 and 2 will execute but produce different results.
>>
>> Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...lets see
>>
>> what's an 'enumber' ? what's an 'asc' ?
>> With the two above questions, does not seem you are capable of
>> bright ideas.
>

>> Hey, here's a bright idea - you could
>>
>> a) run @?/rdbms/admin/utlsampl.sql to create the SCOTT schema
>> b) run the two statements
>> c) see what happens
>
> d) know what happens!
> If you don't want to participate, why don't you just move along and
> leave you witty and 'bright ideas' somewhere else!
>

>> cheers
>> connor
>> --
>> Connor McDonald
>> http://www.oracledba.co.uk
>>
>> "Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue"

Your abusive behavior is way out of line. You came to us, unsolicited, and asked a question. We have a perfect right to answer as we see fit. If you don't like the answers you got reconsider your original post.

The general impression you created is that you are taking an Oracle class and don't even have a copy of the product on which to work ... or are too lazy to do so.

Daniel Morgan Received on Fri Apr 04 2003 - 14:37:22 CST