Re: local managed ts (indizes)

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 20:25:18 +0100

Just to follow up on myself really, although the question referred to an index tablespace (and Mark and Richard in particular) have hit the nail on the head with issues for such tablespaces, I deliberately referred to objects rather than indexes since the logic should apply pretty much irrespective of the type of segment in the tablespace.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA

> > "mkoster" <member14794_at_dbforums.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > hi,
> > >
> > > oracle 8.1.7
> > > aix 4.3.3 rs/6000
> > >
> > > on my testserver i have rebuild the indizes in an local-managed
> > > tablespace.
> > > this shrink the tablespace from 6,7 gb to 3,7 gb.
> > >
> > > what do vou mean about the performance, can i count on a better
> > > performance ???
> > > >
> > see http://www.dbazine.com/jlewis8.html for a thorough discussion.
> >
> > One thing that has occurred to me that *may* result in better
performance
> > and that I haven't seen discussed elsewhere is to do with extent sizes.
In