Re: error creating database from template ( NT/9.0.1 to linux/9.2.0.1 .0)

From: Hemal Pandya <h00_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2003 13:14:49 GMT

Thanks a lot for your help Norman, I think I am set for now.

I do have access to dba stuff at work; I have toad and I have the password so I should be able to create the scripts. I don't think I want to go the select * from user* route; not until I have been playing DBA on my home machine for a while at least :)

Meanwhile, I also found out that I don't really need to create the tablespaces or the users to be able to restore from the dump file, all I need is a database, which I can create using dbca and then an export file created with FULL=Y when imported creates the users as well.

Right now I do think this excercise should be easier then this. Maybe it is easy but I find it difficult because I dont do it often...

Again, thanks for your help.