Re: And the correct answer is?

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2003 17:33:16 +0800

sfk wrote:

> The following is from a text..... I would like some opinions .... what
> is the correct answer.
>
> EMP Table is defined as follows:
> EMPNO NUMBER 4
> ENAME VARCHAR2 30
> SALARY NUMBER 14,2
> COMM NUMBER 10,2
> DEPTNO NUMBER 2
>
> You perform the following tow queries:
>
> 1. SELECT empno enumber, ename FROM emp ORDER BY 1;
> 2. SELECT empno, ename FROM emp ORDER BY ASC;
>
> Which of the following is true?
> A. Statements 1 and 2 will produce the same result.
> B. Statement 1 will execute; statement 2 will return an error.
> C. Statement 2 will execute; statement 1 will return an error.
> D. Statement 1 and 2 will execute but produce different results.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...lets see

what's an 'enumber' ? what's an 'asc' ?

Hey, here's a bright idea - you could

  1. run @?/rdbms/admin/utlsampl.sql to create the SCOTT schema
  2. run the two statements
  3. see what happens

cheers
connor

--
Connor McDonald

"Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue"