different verison oracle's in same box

From: Norman Dunbar <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 08:48:31 +0100

Morning,

if AIX is anything like HPUX then yes - just do it ! On my HP servers I have had 734, 805, 806, 817 and 920 all at the same time. I've moved everything (almost) over to 8i and 9i now though.

You just create a new user account to hold the software, then install into that user. Set the dba group to be the same (if you like) as the other version(s) and Bob's your Auntie !

Cheers,
Norman.

Norman Dunbar
Database/Unix administrator