Re: Directory Service

From: Daniel Roy <danielroy10_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 3 Apr 2003 12:38:11 -0800

I'm sorry, I pointed you to the wrong manual (being only 5 chapters long seemed suspectedly short). The one you should read is probably "Internet Directory Administrator's Guide". To answer your question, I don't think that LDAP is part of the database. You can download it from otn.oracle.com. It can be found under "Application Development", for some reason. The manual is pretty big (35 chapters), but don't despair, you don't need to read everything (everything after chapter 17 seems to apply to very specific situations, that you probably don't need to worry about). I setup LDAP (version 8.1.7) a while ago, but email me if you're stuck and ready to jump the bridge, and I'll try to help.

Daniel