Re: How to trace the oracle optimizer...

From: Mikito Harakiri <mikharakiri_at_ywho.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 09:34:55 -0800

"Yvan GALAS" <yvan.galas_at_fr.adp.com> wrote in message news:b6hlsr$9h7$1_at_pegase.atos-infogerance.fr...
> I would like to know how can I trace the oracle optimizer output

What is optimiser output?

You can enable event 10053, but most query performance analysts have a hard time understanding anything more complex than join order enumeration for simple select-project-join queries from it.

In order to really trace optimizer you'll need to have the source and run gdb attached to oracle process. Or insert printf (sorry, ksdwrf) into the source and recompile it. Is it really what you want to do?

> The v$slqarea and v$sqltext containt the sql typed in sqlplus tools...
> but how can I get the rebuild order from the optimizer...

What is "rebuild order"? Received on Thu Apr 03 2003 - 11:34:55 CST