Re: Oracle Upgrade from 8.0.5 to 8i

From: Harry Boswell <hboswel1_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 09:55:27 -0600

On 25 Mar 2003 10:57:28 -0800, poitrasg_at_crcsogema.com (Gaetan Poitras) wrote:

>I have an important question about upgrade.
>
>I have two database 8.0.5
>I which to upgrade only one of the database to 8i.
>
>I will install oracle 8i in a different oracle home and use the
>migration utilities to upgrade the first database to 8i.
>
>If I do that, Is my second 8.0.5 database will still work correctly ?
>
>Is the same listener will be use for both database ?
>
>Thank.
>Email poitrasg_at_crcsogema.com

Yes, I did this recently on my Solaris boxes. You'll need to make sure ORACLE_HOME is set correctly for each database. Either listener will work with both db versions; I would go ahead and use the 8i listener. Instead of using the migration utility (it never finished when I tried it on a test database), you might just want to export the 8.0.5 db, recreate the database files, and import into the new 8i database.

Harry Boswell Received on Thu Apr 03 2003 - 09:55:27 CST