Generate reports using Java and Oracle RDF Files

From: Anil <akollu_at_ford.com>
Date: 3 Apr 2003 07:28:06 -0800

I'm new to Oracle Reports and i was asked to investigate if there is a possibility of generating PDFs out of existing RDF Files.

Till now what i was doing is , i was retriving the recordset which i need for creating the PDF Report and using a Java API i was creating the PDF report.

Environment for my application

App Server - Websphere
Database - Oracle 9i

Questions (If there is a solution involving Java and RDF)

  1. What do i need to create an RDF file ? (Is there a trial ver or something)
  2. What do i need to install on my App Server (Websphere) ?
  3. Any site where i get samples or info ?
  4. Can i have the output of the RDF file (which in my case is a PDF) directly streamed on to a browser ?
  5. Does the RDF have the capability of taking input parameters.

Thanks
Anil Received on Thu Apr 03 2003 - 09:28:06 CST