Re: Question about sizing log files

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 18:53:24 +0800

Chuck wrote:

> We currently have our redo logs set to 20mb and we get an average of 4
> log switches per minute. Just wondering how high people tend to set redo
> log sizes on very busy OLTP database. We are currently running 8.1.7.4
> on Solaris 8 64-bit. We are currently trying to migrate to 9.2.0.1.
>
> Thanks for any info,
> CC

> http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
> -----= Over 100,000 Newsgroups - Unlimited Fast Downloads - 19 Servers =-----

Big is beautiful... In 9i you've got the archive_lag parameter, but I like the concept of massive log files and then a job to switch them at regular intervals.

Then its not "My logs switch roughly so often", its "I know my logs switch exactly 2 times per hour at this time"

hth
connor

--
Connor McDonald

"Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue"