Re: Directory Service

From: Harro Nehlsen <harro_at_jonis-welt.de>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 10:47:17 +0200

"Daniel Roy" <danielroy10_at_hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1b061893.0304021804.1fb4c0c4_at_posting.google.com...
> The directory service is not something that you can just use "on the
> fly". It needs proper setup and configuration. The only doc I ever saw
> about it is the "Directory Service Integration and Deployment Guide"
> on tahiti.oracle.com.
> It's only 5 chapters long, and I'm therefore sure it won't be a big
> deal for you to go through it.
>
> Daniel

Thanx,

first I read that one allright, but, what I don't get straight is the directory
"thing" a server that runs on the machine or do I have to have a running LDAP-server somewhere. Whenever I run the net configuration assistant I get to the point 'enter servername and port' but there has to be some server running. I understood the whole thing that along with the oracle 9i database there comes some sort of a "LDAP" server.

Please correct me when I'm wrong

Harro, :-) Received on Thu Apr 03 2003 - 02:47:17 CST