ORACLE 7.3.2 Listener problem on VMS

From: Tim Flynn <tim.flynn9_at_verizion.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 04:33:26 GMT

After years of running 7.3.2 of ORACLE running on VMS 7.1...I suddenly have a listener problem.

The listener died after being up for 72 days and is unwilling to come back. The listener error pointed to a VMS:660 error. The error I am told was to set the MAXDETACH on the ORACLE account quota to 0 (ad-infinitum). No good the problem still remains....I then proceeded to do the following as well...

1 - Increased certain sysgen parameter, CHANNELCNT, NPAGEDYN, PAGESDYN, just for the heck of it even though those same resources were not exhauasted. NOTE: System is not out of memory, disk or pagefile space..

2 - Increased small and large buffers in UCX even though there were no waits or drops.

3 - I solicited network support to check any network routing issues or DNS changes ... Of course - nothings been changed according to them.

4 - Modify LISTENER.ORA to use the tcp/ip address instead of the host string. Same problem.

5 - HP found an article on metalink stating the same problem would be fixed if we upgraded UCX v4.1 ECO 2 to ECO 8. I patched to ECO level 10.... Same VMS 660 error....

Any and most suggestions are greatly apprecaited!

Regards,
Tim

P.S.
(FYI - No I do not have access to ORACLE 7.3 VMS docs.)
(I also do not forsee an upgrade to a supported version in the forseeable
future...) Received on Wed Apr 02 2003 - 22:33:26 CST