How to identify index range scan ?

From: Bass Chorng <bchorng_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2 Apr 2003 13:05:00 -0800

Does anybody know how to identify index range scan from any of the v$ views ?

I found index fast full scans (rowid ranges) and table scans (rowid ranges)in v$sesstat are not what they appear to be. I think they have nothing to do with index range scans.

A bad index range scan (vs. Full table scan) can hurt more than anything else, but I found it usually very hard to identify, unless you already know the SQL and tkprof it.

Thank. Received on Wed Apr 02 2003 - 15:05:00 CST