Apps 11i Sys Admin Advice Needed

From: Dale Edgar <Dale_at_DataBee.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 10:17:31 +0000 (UTC)

Hi All

I've got Apps 11i (11.5.7) installed on a test system and it all seems to work just fine. However I am new to the Apps Sys Admin role and have a couple of questions - I'm pretty sure they are simple - I have RTFM'd and Googled and MetaLinked but cannot seem to get a grip on them.

Here goes: I have the VISION test database installed and log in via Internet explorer/Apache/ICXINDEX.htm as SYSADMIN and pick up the System Administrator responsibility. I can lots of sysadmin sort of things such as: create a new responsibility, create a new user and give it that responsibility - but here are the things I cannot seem to do. Your advice is much appreciated...

  1. How do I get a list of all users on the system and the responsibilities they have. There does not seem to be a screen for it in the VISION db System Administrator responsibility. I have had a look at FND_USER - does everybody just dig it out manually through joins.
  2. Given I have a user, how can I give it an additional responsiblity, or remove a responsibility from it? Again I cannot seem to find any screens for this - is this a manual operation?
  3. Is the only way to change the password of a user through the FNDCPASS utillity?

I have lots more questions - but I suspect the answers to the above will set me straight. Basically what I'm after is a few tips as to where to look to find out how this sort of thing is done. Is it done through screens which the VISION database I'm using just does not seem to have?, Am I missing some OEM bolt-on module which does all this. Is there a big library of SQL scripts that everybody uses?

Many thanks
Dale Received on Wed Apr 02 2003 - 04:17:31 CST