howto limit numbers delete command

From: Christian Förster <cfoerst_at_web.de>
Date: 1 Apr 2003 23:46:59 -0800

Hi,
I've got a question, which I can't google out ;-) We want to delete a large number of rows from a table. Cause this number is probably too large for our transaction-log, we have to do it step by step.
In sybase this can be done by set rowcount. In mysql you can do it with the limit command. But how is that done in oracle pl/sql?
I tried it with dynamic sql but to delete within a cursor takes hours of time (too much hours).
Can you give me any suggestion for that problem ?

Cheers

Christian Received on Wed Apr 02 2003 - 01:46:59 CST