Re: Gain OCP 9i Without attending trainging courses?

From: Ryan <rgaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 01:45:39 GMT

"Howard J. Rogers" <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:maxha.2776$1s1.35025_at_newsfeeds.bigpond.com...

> "Alvin" <ccwei_at_ms1.pchome.com.tw> wrote in message
> > Hi All
> >
> > As I know, it's necessasry to attend at least one official Oralce
training
> > before gain the OCP.
> >
> > Is there any alternative way? Such as buy training Video or .....?
> >
> > I don't have so much time to attend the training course.
>
> I was going to be warm and fluffy towards you, saying things like
> 'attendance shouldn't be a requirement' and such like.
>
> Then you tell me you can't put aside 5 days for a course.
>
> And at that point you lost me. Or I lost it, whatever.
>
> Come off it: if you can't find five free days in your life to achieve
> qualification then you don't deserve qualification. I have such people on
my
> courses all the time: "Please turn off your mobile phones... No, I'm
needed
> on call.. well, sod off then". At which point they are frog-marched from
the
> course.
>
> Funny thing is: you are much less important than you probably think you
are.
> And if you aren't, you shouldn't be working there.
>
> Anyway, point is: if you ever came on one of my courses, and tried to take
> phone calls throughout, I'd kick you off within 30 minutes, and to hell
with
> the consequences.
>
> Prioritise, for God's sake. Your work is NOT that important. You *can*
find
> a whole five days apart from work, if only you tell them so. There are
three
> breaks throughout the day when you can feel as important as you want to
> (namely, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea). Apart from that, you are a
> student, just like all other students.
>
> If you can't make that commitment, then don't come to training, and (by
> implication) don't seek OCP.
>
> Regards
> HJR
>

> > Please give me some advises.
> >
> > Best Regards
> >
> > Joseph Lin

Howard,

Ive been sent to Oracle training before and have yet to be impressed. One guy never even worked with Oracle. Came out of school and just taught the classes. They were pretty bad. Definitely not worth $2000. Remember alot of people contract, so its $2,000 plus a weeks pay. You may also not have the vacation time, either. You get busy at work and cant get off.

Im just gonna take the tests. Ill tell people I passed the tests and if you want to pay me to go to the class, Ill bring my laptop and play video games for a week. Im sure your classes are good, but..... many are not.

BTW, is the DBA cert test better than the developer one? The developer tests were really stupid. I just bought some 5 year old used book for them. Received on Tue Apr 01 2003 - 19:45:39 CST