Re: Cloning problem.... any ideas?

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 1 Apr 2003 17:43:50 -0800

sfk <nospan_at_noway.org> wrote in message news:<3E88FC75.A9C4B5D2_at_noway.org>...
> Is there a process I can use to check the integrity of datafiles prior
> to moving over my net to verify there are ok. I am practicing cloning
> and I get the following on an NT system.
>
> ORACLE instance started.
> Total System Global Area 58492956 bytes
> Fixed Size 75804 bytes
> Variable Size 37273600 bytes
> Database Buffers 20971520 bytes
> Redo Buffers 172032 bytes
> CREATE CONTROLFILE REUSE DATABASE "DEMO" NORESETLOGS NOARCHIVELOG
> *
> ORA-01503: CREATE CONTROLFILE failed
> ORA-01210: data file header is media corrupt

// *Cause: The file header block is internally inconsistent. The beginning
// of the block has a header with a checksum and other data for

//         insuring the consistancy of the block. It is possible that
//         the last disk write did not operate correctly. The most
likely
//         problem is that this is not a datafile for any database.
// *Action: Have operating system make correct file available to database.
// If the trace file dump indicates that only the checksum is wrong,
// restore from a backup and do media recovery.

> ORA-01110: data file : 'E:\817\ORADATA\DEMO\DATA0001.DBF'
> ORA-01507: database not mounted
> ALTER DATABASE OPEN
> *
> ORA-01507: database not mounted
>
> Thanks in advance.

Perhaps you are doing something quite silly? Be sure the files are where you think they are.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
We've all done very silly things.  The more you can recover before