Re: Oracle 8i/9i and Windows Server 2003

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_nospam.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 21:51:44 +0200

On 1 Apr 2003 11:18:06 -0800, fantastic_health_at_yahoo.com (sam) wrote:

>Any thoughts on support of Oracle 8i and/or 9i on Windows Server 2003?
> Seems like this will be an important topic for MSFT/Windows shops
>that run Oracle, that anticipate moving to Windows Server 2003 (the
>general release of WS2003 is April 24 I believe).
>
>I looked at Metalink and there is really no mention of .Net Server or
>Windows Server 2003 (at least that I could find).

Oracle 8i already wasn't certified by Oracle for XP. The chances they will ever certify it for a successor are 0, as 8i will be desupported at the end of this year.
I have the feeling they will neither certify 9i for the new Windows release, as most likely Oracle 10i will come out in the near future.

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Tue Apr 01 2003 - 13:51:44 CST