Fad of the month Java data access question.

From: Telemachus <telemachus_at_ulysseswillreturn.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 12:31:28 +0100

Just having a conference with our Java developers. Plenty of data access technologies being bandied around

JDO,DAO,JDBC,EJB - some of these just look like the Emperor's new clothes - trying to foist the old OODB concept back at us

Question : Which ones are currently in serious use out there and have a good chance of actually being around in a few years ?

If you are now part of a serious Java development , and could start it all over, which data access technology would you use ?

 Browsing the various cheerleading web sites for all these technologies and also watching people like Nuno who have strong opinions on this kind of thing is leaving me slightly confused. Received on Tue Apr 01 2003 - 05:31:28 CST