Re: Oracle 9i and NAS

From: Paul Drake <drak0nian_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 31 Mar 2003 11:26:41 -0800

"Thomas Fricker" <thomas.fricker_at_bud.bl.ch> wrote in message news:<b69dg2$7pv$1_at_rex.ip-plus.net>...
> Hi,
> Does anyone have experience in storing Oracle Tablespaces not on local Disks
> but on NAS-Drives?
> How about performance?
> Our Hardware Guru's don't know much about Oracle Transactions, I/Os etc. and
> the Oracle Guru's don't know about Hardware.
> We are planning to use Oracle 9i (SR2) on Windows 2000.
> Thans for any Reply
> Thomas Fricker

Sorry, I have no direct experience with this product. Here is a token reference to their literature: http://www.netapp.com/tech_library/index.html#reports

Here is a case study that turned up via google: netapp filer oracle nas network appliance database

www.doug-mi.org/October2002/Presentations/ NetAppDeeter.ppt

hth,

Paul Received on Mon Mar 31 2003 - 13:26:41 CST