Re: cluster removal

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: 31 Mar 2003 08:34:15 -0800

In article <3d83bd70.0303310123.7ffba25c_at_posting.google.com>, anaskhan_at_bns-solutions.com says...

>Hello there
>
>In our database 10 tables use cluster storage.
>There are 3 clusters and all the tables contain lots of records.
>More than 20 foreign keys referencing tables in clusters.
>
>How can I move all tables from Clusters to nomal tablespace without
>affecting data loss or constraints.
>
>Our aim is to remove all the clusters from database.
>
>Will the export import help?
>
>Hope somebody have prevoius experience on this.
>
>Oracle version is 9.2.-.-
>

>Anas Khan .S

I would have to ask - why? IS there a problem that changing these objects to straight tables is going to address? If not, why bother? If so, then I beleive someone else has already provided the way to do it.

HTH. Additions and corrections welcome.

Pete

SELECT standard_disclaimer, witty_remark FROM company_requirements; Received on Mon Mar 31 2003 - 10:34:15 CST