Re: Hash join order

From: PdV <piet.de.visser_at_cmg.com>
Date: 31 Mar 2003 07:40:13 -0800

"Telemachus" <telemachus_at_ulysseswillreturn.net> wrote in message
> Note this is probably not a definitive list; new patches to oracle may
> introduce more new and undocumented hints. Also, this may not be all the
> hints there either. YMMV.
> Also the list of documented hints may also shrink as the optimizer gets
> better and better at figuring stuff out.
>
> Basically I'm saying don't rely on this !

Cool stuff, Two remarks though.

  1. At risk of making a fool of myself if it is already mentioned: Would there not be some SYS.X$KS%@#! view to list the hints available in the current running kernel ?
  2. to properly use the most outrageous options such /* +_MAJOR_TOM */ /* +_EMMINEM */, or /* +EVEN_FASTER */ I would also need some documented insight in the workings of any particular undocumented hint.

Connor ? John ? Richard? (ex)insiders ?

TIA,   PdV Received on Mon Mar 31 2003 - 09:40:13 CST