Re: ORA-01034 error during database creation

From: Chloe Crowder <chloe.crowder_at_bl.uk>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 14:57:52 +0100

Stephan

    thanks for this. If I connect CONNECT INTERNAL and then STARTUP NOMOUNT I get:-
LRM-00109: could not open parameter file '/data/Ora8i/dbs/initilsmast.ora' ORA-01078: failure in processing system parameters

I guess this file needs to be created, and I would have expected configuration manager to create it. There is an init.ora and initdw.ora in that directory which look like templates, but I'm reluctant to tamper with things I don't really understand.

Chloe