CBO when one table has no stats

From: NetComrade <andreyNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 05:35:55 GMT

For whatever reason i thought that CBO will be used if ALL tables have statistics collected for them, but it seems it's the other way around, if at least ONE table in the query has statistics for it it would be the other way around, could somebody confirm?

We have some tables that stay empty, and get filled very quickly and get used right away, and i hoped to avoid FTS by deleting statistics for those, and relying on RBO, now i need to come up with a better strategy.
We use Oracle 8.1.7.4 on Solaris 2.7 boxes remove NSPAM to email Received on Sun Mar 30 2003 - 23:35:55 CST