Cloning problem.... any ideas?

From: sfk <nospan_at_noway.org>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 02:43:48 GMT

Is there a process I can use to check the integrity of datafiles prior to moving over my net to verify there are ok. I am practicing cloning and I get the following on an NT system.

ORACLE instance started.

Total System Global Area                         58492956 bytes
Fixed Size                                          75804 bytes
Variable Size                                    37273600 bytes
Database Buffers                                 20971520 bytes
Redo Buffers                                       172032 bytes
CREATE CONTROLFILE REUSE DATABASE "DEMO" NORESETLOGS NOARCHIVELOG
*
ORA-01503: CREATE CONTROLFILE failed
ORA-01210: data file header is media corrupt
ORA-01110: data file : 'E:\817\ORADATA\DEMO\DATA0001.DBF'
ORA-01507: database not mounted

ALTER DATABASE OPEN
*

ORA-01507: database not mounted

Thanks in advance. Received on Sun Mar 30 2003 - 20:43:48 CST