Re: Gain OCP 9i Without attending trainging courses?

From: Alvin <ccwei_at_ms1.pchome.com.tw>
Date: 30 Mar 2003 17:10:26 -0800

DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com> wrote in message news:<3E873B4B.D8BDE8A_at_exxesolutions.com>...
> Alvin wrote:
>
> > Hi All
> >
> > As I know, it's necessasry to attend at least one official Oralce training
> > before gain the OCP.
> >
> > Is there any alternative way? Such as buy training Video or .....?
> >
> > I don't have so much time to attend the training course.
> >
> > Please give me some advises.
> >
> > Best Regards
> >
> > Joseph Lin
>
> Please do all of us a favour and find yourself some other occupation. If you
> aren't willing to put in the effort to be good I wouldn't want to work with
> you and neither would anyone else who had a work ethic.
>
> The minimum amount of time you should devote to learning Oracle should be
> measured in years.
>
> It is people such as yourself that have made the OCP a joke and made it so
> that employers such as myself go out of our way to ignore OCP on a resume.
>
> Daniel Morgan

Hi Morgan

I take OCP very seriously and consider it as an important milestone in my career. I ask the question because I think I should be qualified to get OCP even without attending the official trainer-led courses so I hope to know
if there's any alternative one.

I've worked with Oracle for three years as a developer and 1 year as DBA. Best Regards

Joseph Lin Received on Sun Mar 30 2003 - 19:10:26 CST