Re: Why domain name appended to database link name?

From: Dino Hsu <dino1.nospam_at_ms1.hinet.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 00:47:50 +0800

Dear Anton,

I did check sqlnet.ora and found nothing, I knew the good-old-day-Oracle-8 problem of appending ".world" to the connect string. Furhturmore, the two db's resides on the same server, the sqlnet.ora is shared since there is only one Oracle home, what makes one db work while the other don't?

By the way, as I forgot to mention, the Oracle is 8.1.7 Enterprise on Windows 2000 Advanced Server.

Regards,
Dino