Re: "new Stringbuffer()" in stored proc causes ORA-00600

From: Ken Hunt <khunt_at_knology.net>
Date: 29 Mar 2003 12:00:48 -0800

DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com> wrote in message news:<3E847C6D.DC0C5AE3_at_exxesolutions.com>...
> Ken Hunt wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have an embedded java procedure which uses JDBC to retrieve a clob.
> > When I attempt to create a new StringBuffer object to hold the
> > contents of the clob, the app gives the following error:
> >
> > ORA-00600: internal error code arguments:
> >
> > I am stepping through the code with JDeveloper, attached to SQLPlus
> > process which is calling my stored procedure. Any ideas?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Ken
>
> ORA-00600 is an unhandled internal Oracle error. Opan an iTAR at
> metalink.
>
> Daniel Morgan

Thanks. I knew that it was an internal error.

I discovered that when you debug java code running inside the database with JDeveloper, the IDE may indicate you are on a line that is different from what you are actually on. The real problem was from an exception being thrown in a call a few lines past the stringbuffer construction. Received on Sat Mar 29 2003 - 14:00:48 CST