How do you guys deal with the maintence downtime

From: Phil Sher <cool.mint_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 13:42:08 GMT

We used to have Oracle 8i Standby database, and we never had any downtime. Since we migrated to 9i RAC, the unexpected outage is minimized(which we seldom had anyway), but we had significant scheduled downtime for 9.01->9.2.0.1.0->9.2.0.2.0->9.2.0.3.0 in such a short period, and my boss asked me to switch back to Primary/Standby.

How do you guys deal with these? Do we have to pay another expensive licence for standby again. Besides, our database is so huge now, (for saving the cost, we put our OLTP and data warehouse together), now that the database is so huge(300G), it will take quite a while to make a standby database.

Any suggestions? Received on Sat Mar 29 2003 - 07:42:08 CST