characters not showing right from included file

From: sunny <sunnyw_at_sunrider.com>
Date: 28 Mar 2003 14:38:30 -0800

I hope this is not the wrong place to ask this Q, I am working with the JSP so i hope it is ok. I have three jsp pages.

    file1.jsp
    file2.jsp
    file3.jsp

file1.jsp is the main page. i include the other two in it.

<%_at_page contentType="text/html;charset=UTF8"%>
<%@ include file="file2.jsp" %>
<%@ include file="file3.jsp" %>

<META http-equiv=Content-Type content=text/html;CHARSET=UTF-8>

however the problem is this. all the content in file2.jsp does not show the right charset!!!! why is this? also, i cannot specify the charset separately in all the individual files, because this gives me a compilation error!

pls help! i need to be able to show the content that comes INCLUDED from file2.jsp, but can only specify the charset in the main program!!

thanks a bunch bunch bunch!! Received on Fri Mar 28 2003 - 16:38:30 CST