Temp tablespace

From: Allen <aprinsloo_at_websoft.co.za>
Date: 28 Mar 2003 03:02:08 -0800

Hi,

Due to my limited Oracle experience this question might seem a bit basic, but I'd appreciate any help.

Product: Oracle 8.1.6
Platform: MS Server 2000

How do I clean out the space used by the temp table space on our Oracle database server. The temp table space is of type "tempory" but keeps filling up and growing, is there a way to automate the clean out of it or do I need to manually do something to it? Previous dbms's I've worked on Sybase and MS Sql Server cleaned out tempory db work space after every commited transaction, this does not seem to be the case with Oracle... or am I msitaken?

Thx in advance
Allen Received on Fri Mar 28 2003 - 05:02:08 CST