Re: Maybe very silly question abou Log Miner

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 09:17:35 -0000

It's a restriction in log mining that takes some working around; but it is 'bypassed' in Oracle 9 by using 'supplemental' logging, which is a feature that allows you to specify that some columns of a table should appear in the redo log (and log miner WHERE clause) even if they have not been changed.

It is possible to set up a system to bypass the issue (as Quest have done with their product) but I don't think you can do it with log miner, you have to be scraping the redo log directly.

--
Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

For one-day tutorials:
(see http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/tutorial.html )

____UK_______April 8th
____UK_______April 22nd
____Denmark May 21-23rd
____USA_(FL)_May 2nd

Next dates for the 3-day seminar:
(see http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/seminar.html )
____UK_(Manchester)_May
____Estonia___June (provisional)
____USA_(CA, TX)_August

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

"Dusan Bolek" <pagesflames_at_usa.net> wrote in message

> I'm trying to use Log Miner as some kind of audit technology.
Original