Re: Database link between Oracle7 and Oracle8

From: buckeye234 <member13594_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 20:21:15 +0000

Originally posted by Rui Marcelino
> Yes, the bases TNSNAMES (in Oracle7 and Oracle8) are both all rigth.
> I have checked everything, and it looks ok... Global names are
> good in both
> definitions of databases.
> Maybe that's a general problem, but I just can't find a
> reference to that
> problem in the Internet... Even Oracle is not clear enough about
> that kind
> of thing.
>
> Thanx for your help.

I am not sure what you mean by "global names are good in both deifinitions of databases". As Karsten said, can you post the relevant pieces of your tnsnames.ora and sqlnet.ora from the Oracle 7 environement. Karsten also suggested you try tnsping to see if you can ping the Oracle8 listener from the Oracle7 environment. If that works, I would also suggest using sqlplus in the Oracle7 environment to try to connect to the Oracle8 database. If sqlplus works, the database link should work.

HTH,
Patrick