Re: Database link between Oracle7 and Oracle8

From: Rui Marcelino <ruim_at_orfi.fr>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 17:43:17 +0100

Yes, the bases TNSNAMES (in Oracle7 and Oracle8) are both all rigth. I have checked everything, and it looks ok... Global names are good in both definitions of databases.
Maybe that's a general problem, but I just can't find a reference to that problem in the Internet... Even Oracle is not clear enough about that kind of thing.

Thanx for your help.

"DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com> a écrit dans le message news: 3E830ECE.41BF3583_at_exxesolutions.com...
> Rui Marcelino wrote:
>
> > Hi there !
> >
> > I'm trying to create a database link from an Oracle 7.3.4 base to an
Oracle
> > 8.1.7 base, but it doesn't result.
> > Is that suppose to work ?
> > The reciproque is true, I can create a usefull database link from an
Oracle
> > 8.1.7 base to an Oracle 7.3.4. base.
> >
> > There's the command (executed from the Oracle 7.3.4 base):
> > >CREATE DATABASE LINK O8BASE CONNECT TO USER IDENTIFIED BY PASSWORD
USING