Re: FREE ORACLE 9i DBA Practice exam questions

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 21:32:40 -0800

> <snipped>
>

> > B. <begin rant>
> > You considered how those that put real work into learning Oracle feel
> > about those that get
> > the appearanace of knowledge by studying to pass a test rather than
> > studying Oracle.
> > I have never hired one of you to the best of my knowledge and
> > specifically ask questions
> > during interviews to figure out who you are so that I can not do so.
> > </end rant>
>
> Who cares? If some looney wants to spend their hard-earned dollars on
> passing an exam that means nothing, proves less, and nobody rates as
> worthwhile, let them do so.
>
> The "appearance of knowledge" is always distinguishable from actual
> knowledge by the simple expedient of asking a question.
>
> The AofK crowd flummox and twitch. The Ak crowd answer the question.
>
> Dealt with.
>
> Regards
> HJR
You are, of course, correct. But as an educator I like to think that while many ignore these warnings, some will actually pay attention and either save their money or both learn Oracle and pass the test.

I just want the lazy ones to know that some of us know all about OCP cram books and courses and ask questions to identify them and exclude them from the pool of final applicants.

Daniel Morgan Received on Wed Mar 26 2003 - 23:32:40 CST