Re: Intermedia Text setup problem ORA8.1.7

From: Peter <noemail_at_noemail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 11:57:55 +1000

This is what I used for 8.1.6.3.

A quick way to check to see if it is installed, is to check for the ctxsys user.

create tablespace drsys

   EXTENT MANAGEMENT LOCAL UNIFORM SIZE 128 K    DATAFILE '/db01/oradata/DBNAME/drsys_01.dbf'

      SIZE 64 M REUSE
      AUTOEXTEND ON NEXT 16 M
      MAXSIZE 2096 M

;

@?/ctx/admin/dr0csys PASSWORD drsys temp; @?/ctx/admin/dr0csys PASSWORD tools temp;

@?/ctx/admin/dr0inst /u01/app/oracle/product/8.1.6/ctx/lib/libctxx8.so; @?/ctx/admin/dr0inst /app01/oracle/product/9.2.0/ctx/lib/libctxx9.so;

@?/ctx/admin/defaults/drdefuk;

text_enable = false

SELECT * FROM user_libraries;

$ORACLE_HOME/ctx/lib

create table quick_clob (
 quick_id number primary key,
 text clob
);

insert into quick_clob
  ( quick_id, text )
 values
  ( 1, 'The cat sat on the mat' );

insert into quick_clob
  ( quick_id, text )
 values
  ( 2, 'The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog' );

commit;

create index quick_clob_idx on quick_clob ( text )  indextype is ctxsys.context;

SELECT
 score(20),
 text
FROM
 quick_clob
WHERE CONTAINS
 (text, 'near((quick, dog), 6)' ,20) > 0;

drop table quick_clob ;

type: lsnrctl status

-> The important service summary item to check here is the service handler for PLSExtProc. This should return:

PLSExtProc has 1 service handler(s)

tnsping extproc_connection_data

exec ctx_output.start_log('log');
-- and to stop it