Re: What is the minimum Oracle Version to run on XP (clients)

From: Terry Dykstra <dontreply_tddykstra_at_forestoil.ca>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 21:35:53 GMT

You need to use a patched Universal Installer to install 817 client on XP Pro( XP Home is not supported). There is an Oracle Metalink article that describes it. Basically the steps are:
- install 817 patched for XP Universal installer (2.2.12 if I remember correctly)
- install 81700 client
- install 8173 patch. This is the mimimum release that Oracle supports as an XP client.

--
Terry Dykstra
Canadian Forest Oil Ltd.