Re: Automating oracle Installation: How change default PFILE parameters?

From: Frank <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 21:33:09 +0100

Carlo Sirna wrote:
> Hi, what I want is to create an oracle installation cd that asks
> absolutely no questions to the end user.
> This is mainly accomplished by using a Response File for the oracle
> universal installer...
>
> but the application we are developing can't work with the default
> database initialization parameters that the oracle installer uses. For
> example I need more than 70 active roles, and the default used by
> oracle installer for MAX_ACTIVE_ROLES is 30.
>
> Is there a way of changing these parameters during installation?
>
> for example... if these parameters are taken from a template init.ora
> file located on the cd, is it possible to create an installation cd
> with this template altered?
>
> Thanks,
> Carlo Sirna,
> Digisoft s.r.l.

Fire up a script that does that... Maybe tell your users they need to click on the click_here.cmd file, in order to start the script after the db is up-and-running? But, really - 70 *active* roles? What would a user do with so many active roles?!? Grant dba would be simpler.

--
Regards, Frank van Bortel