Re: Off Topic : VNC

From: Frank <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 20:43:07 +0100

Connor McDonald wrote:
> Howard J. Rogers wrote:

<snip!>

> Another option is just to run X on a PC - you can get a freeware X
> client called Weird X - its about 200k of Java

If it's some administrative stuff you're after, take a look at webmin. Uses perl (comes with about every Linux distro, but may not be installed - depends on the flavour (flavor?) of installation you have chosen), and works great.

It's not like taking over a graphical shell - what vnc basically does. Hint: start vnc from within a graphic shell, on my RH7.3 vncserver is enough.

--
Regards, Frank van Bortel
PS www.webmin.com