8i installation on Sun

From: Chloe Crowder <chloe.crowder_at_bl.uk>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 15:33:41 -0000

Hi
I'm trying to install 8.1.7 on a Sun box from the downloadable files on the Oracle web site. Everything seems to have downloaded and cpio'd correctly, but I'm getting 5/6 IO errors during installation. The installation logs shows an error of the form:-

Exception thrown from action: copyGroupFromJar Exception Name: IOException2
Exception String: Error in writing to file /data/Ora8i/jar/classes2.jar Exception Severity: 2
*** Cancel Dialog: ***
User selected: Stop installation of this component only.

Exception handling set to prompt user with options to RETRY User choice : User selected stop installation of this component only

Which doesn't help much, and the system logs don't show anything useful. I'm confident it didn't run out of disk space, so any ideas?

Chloe Crowder
The British Library Received on Wed Mar 26 2003 - 09:33:41 CST