Re: Problem indexing million row tables with oracle spatial 9i rel 2

From: Christof Kaiser <kaiser_at_logiball.de>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 15:19:52 +0100

I indexed a couple of milion rows without probelms.

Normally, the problem you encountered happens, when some objects are outside the index bounds as defined in the sdo_geom_metadata. maybe one point has the coordinates x=0 y=0 which is outside your index bounding box? or on the cocos island or somewhere you didnt expect.

Or one ore more geometries are broken. That can be checked with validate_geometry. however, it would be hard to get a point geometry wrong.

you also can try to use the other index type (fixed type or r-tree).

hth
christof.