Re: Performance issue with Oracle 8i : order by

From: Stephan Bressler <stephan.bressler_at_siemens.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 13:02:31 +0100

> The real problem is that when I don't specify any "ORDER BY", answer
> time is rather good, whereas the "ORDER BY" makes the difference
> between TOAD (and client-side SQLPLUS) and server-side SQLPLUS.
Order by in a subselect is a 8i-new feature. Do you use an 8i client for TOAD? Order by makes the difference? Do you use a sql-rc-file on your server which increases the sort_area_size of your session.

I don't believe in any of the network related suggestions. No LAN can take 7 seconds to say "25.000".

Stephan Received on Wed Mar 26 2003 - 06:02:31 CST