occi program compile

From: Norman Dunbar <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 08:16:01 -0000

Morning Han,

I'm not sure myself as I tried to use OCCI with Borland compilers - and Oracle will not support Borland anymore :o(, but, I suspect you might need a 'using std::string' etc in your source code. You could put a 'using std' in there but that will end up 'polluting your namespace' as the guru's say.

Mind you, the error explicitly mentions 'std' so I am probably barking up the wrong tree, or maybe just barking.

HTH Regards,
Norman.

Norman Dunbar
Database/Unix administrator