Re: Oracle Upgrade from 8.0.5 to 8i

From: Anton Buijs <aammbuijs_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 20:37:47 +0100

Gaetan Poitras <poitrasg_at_crcsogema.com> schreef in berichtnieuws 3ebc2be2.0303251057.1bbfeeb6_at_posting.google.com...
| I have an important question about upgrade.
|
| I have two database 8.0.5
| I which to upgrade only one of the database to 8i.
|
| I will install oracle 8i in a different oracle home and use the
| migration utilities to upgrade the first database to 8i.
|
| If I do that, Is my second 8.0.5 database will still work correctly ?
|
| Is the same listener will be use for both database ?
|
| Thank.
| Email poitrasg_at_crcsogema.com

Yes, you can run multiple database versions on one host. Yes, one listener can be used for both databases. I would advice to start the listener from version 8i.
Choose V8.1.7 and patch 4 (or the highest available for the platform).

If on Unix make sure that you set your environment properly. Make sure that $PATH include one and only one $ORACLE_HOME/bin, not both. Same for $LD_LIBRARY_PATH or $SHLIB_PATH (depends on platform), $ORA_NLS33 and possible other variables.

If on Windows the registry will take care of the proper settings. Use the "Home selector" tool to make one of the homes the current. Received on Tue Mar 25 2003 - 13:37:47 CST