Re: Installing Oracle on uncertified Linux, like Debian, Download RedHat, Gentoo ?

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 06:16:39 +1100

"Norman Dunbar" <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk> wrote in message news:E2F6A70FE45242488C865C3BC1245DA70378A420_at_lnewton.leeds.lfs.co.uk...
> Morning Guido,
>
> I think you may have misunderstood me - when I said that I didn't
> install Java, I meant to say the 'BlackJack' (?) version mentioned in a
> document about installing on Linux. I simply allowed the Oracle
> installer to install whatever it needed and all was well.

That would be "Blackdown Java", which always makes me think of helicopters for some reason. It is unnecessary for the installation, true enough, but I believe the documentation states it should be installed if you intend to achieve full functionality of the http server stuff.

I haven't tried. Like you, I find the 'self-contained' install sufficient for my purposes.

Regards
HJR Received on Tue Mar 25 2003 - 13:16:39 CST