Re: how many application server licenses is good to get for a 25 user db?

From: shortone <david.leather_at_sssltd.co.uk>
Date: 25 Mar 2003 06:50:21 -0800

Licensing is complex, but ...
If I remember rightly, the fact that you have a 25 user lic on the DB means that only 25 users can legitimatly access the DB ( oracle's lic user is NOT concurrent ), so the most app server lics you would want is 25!
If you have written an intranet/internet app that potentially allows hundreds-> millions of users to access the system then you must upgrade your DB lic to be CPU based. Depending on your required db funcionality consider Std edition to keep the cost down.