Active Directory Enterprise Users

From: Mike Jay <mikejay_at_mitre.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 08:57:09 -0500

Hi folks,

Do I understand right that a user only has to exist in the Active Directory repository as opposed to a "create user ... external" being needed?

I am looking at the Appendix E, Using Enterprise User Security with Microsoft Active Directory of the Oracle Advanced Security Administrator's Guide, Release 2 (9.2), Part No. A96573-01 manual.

The goal is to only have to declare and define application users in the Active Directory, but also have a small number of database defined schema users who own database objects. So I need to support both database and LDAP users.

The Oracle9i 9.2 runs on a Windows 2000 Server and is a member of the Active Directory Domain.

Any heads-up on the "gotchas" would be appreciated as I will be relying on the manual to make this work.

Have a great day,
mikejay Received on Tue Mar 25 2003 - 07:57:09 CST