help me in getting the meaning of oracle or jsp statemnt

From: kasi <kaasiein_at_yahoo.co.in>
Date: 25 Mar 2003 00:08:56 -0800

hi everyone,
i'm working with a jsp code which uses oracle as backend i come across  a statement like this

rs2=st2.executeQuery("select name from emp where ecode='"+ecode+"'");

what the + mean in --"+ecode+"
is it related to jsp or oracle,
help me in bebuging the code
buy
kasi Received on Tue Mar 25 2003 - 02:08:56 CST