forcedirectio metrics

From: Jason <borris_8_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 24 Mar 2003 20:36:49 -0800

Hi all,

I am about to start doing some testing with forcedirectio and am looking for some advice on what metrics to monitor. Is it better to look at internal Oracle metrics (I'll have to talk to the DBA about that) or should I be looking at OS level metrics? I'm just planning on testing one file system and getting the DBA to create a test database there. If it makes any difference the file system will be on an EMC disk array.

Thanks,
Jason Received on Mon Mar 24 2003 - 22:36:49 CST